One-to-one support and online support groups can be very helpful to patients and others interested in A-Fib. First, it’s helpful to know you are not alone.
One-to-One, our A-Fib Support Volunteers are just an email away
Many, many others are dealing with Atrial Fibrillation. Second, the discussion with fellow patients can often benefit those just reading the discussion, perhaps offering a new perspective. But, don’t stay on the sideline, participate! Join in. You’ll feel better talking with others who know what you are dealing with.
These services are free. Some may require registration before you can post messages or even read the messages.
Each service is unique. Membership numbers vary greatly. Some offer useful databases of information. And while some are focused on a specific type of A-Fib, they often cover many subjects relevant to anyone with A-Fib.
• A-Fib Support Volunteers: One-to-One Support; Atrial Fibrillation: Resources for Patients: http://a-fib.com/a-fib-support-volunteers/
• AFIB Support Forum: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AFIBsupport/
• A-fibcures Forum: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/A-fibcures/
• Atrial Fibrillation Association UK Forum: https://healthunlocked.com/afassociation
• Daily Strength Atrial Fibrillation Support Group: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Atrial-Fibrillation-AFib/support-group
• Facebook Group Atrial Fibrillation Support Forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtrialFibrillationSupportForum/?fref=ts
• Facebook Group “What Is Atrial Fibrillation?”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/28241296298/
• Lone Atrial Fibrillation Forum: http://www.afibbers.org/toboards.htm
• StopAfib Discussion Forum: http://forum.stopafib.org
Do you have a favorite discussion group not listed here? Email us, so we can add it to our list.
Warning: If you join any of these groups, you may not want to use your real name, address, etc. Insurance companies, employers, mortgage lenders, credit card companies, etc. may ‘Google’ you and find you belong to an Atrial Fibrillation site or have A-Fib. This may influence their decision-making about you.
If you find any errors on this page, email us. ♥ Last updated: Tuesday, October 6, 2015