Online support groups can be very helpful to patients and others interested in A-Fib. First, it’s helpful to know you are not alone. Many, many others are dealing with Atrial Fibrillation. Second, the discussion among fellow A-fibbers can often benefit those just reading the discussion, perhaps offering a new perspective. But, don’t stay on the sideline, participate! Join in. You’ll feel better talking with others who know what you are dealing with.
These groups are free, but usually require registration before you can post messages or even read the messages. All are good for posting messages and searching for responses. But each is unique. Membership numbers vary greatly. Some offer useful databases of information. And while some are focused on a specific type of A-Fib, they often cover many subjects relevant to anyone with A-Fib.
- AFIB Support Forum: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/AFIBsupport/
- A-fibcures Forum: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/A-fibcures/
- Atrial Fibrillation Association UK Forum: https://healthunlocked.com/afassociation (updated 2-2014)
- Daily Strength Atrial Fibrillation Support Group: http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Atrial-Fibrillation-AFib/support-group
- Lone Atrial Fibrillation Forum: http://www.afibbers.org/toboards.htm
- StopAfib Discussion Forum: http://forum.stopafib.org