A-Fib changes your life. There’s the emotional impact after being diagnosed. Then you have important decisions to make about your treatment and how to adjust to life with your A-Fib symptoms.
It helps to have someone who has “been there” and is there for them now. Having someone to turn to for advice, emotional support, and a sense of hope that one can be cured gives peace of mind.
We are blessed to have many generous people who have volunteered to help others get through their A-Fib ordeal.
Most A-Fib Support Volunteers are not medical personnel They are not paid. They come from widely different backgrounds and live around the globe.
These volunteers have gone through a lot while seeking their A-Fib cure. They have been helped along the way and want to return the favor. They offer other patients support and hope through exchanging emails, “listening” and sharing their stories. (Not all Support Volunteers are ‘cured’ of their A-Fib, but have found the best outcome for themselves.)
Is this something you want to do? To begin, I suggest you browse the A-Fib Support Group page on our website at http://a-fib.com/resources-and-links/resource-support-volunteers/.
Here’s what A-Fib Support Volunteers agree to:
- List their name and email address by geographic area/country (a few list a phone #);
- Accept emails and answer in a timely manner;
- “Listen”, encourage and offer hope of finding a cure.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- Tell me why you want to be a support volunteer
- Your full name (for our correspondence) AND how you want It published
- Your City /US state; or your international city/country
- The email address you want listed (if different from the email for our correspondence)
- The email of a family member or friend as a backup contact if we loose contact with you.
- Any additional info about your expertise with A-Fib
- Attach a good quality photo of yourself (a head shot) in .jpg format. (It helps the reader relate to you.)
- Optional: We have a gift for you for signing up (flashlight keychain with our logo). If you wish, give us a shipping address.
AFTER YOU SEND YOUR EMAIL
I will review the information you’ve sent for completeness Then I’ll format your listing for our A-Fib Support Volunteers listing page. My wife, Patti, will prepare your photo (crop, color correct, etc.). Then we’ll send it all back to you for your approval. We will post your listing shortly after we get an okay from you.
Did I miss anything? I bet you have questions. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
Publisher of A-Fib.com and former A-Fib patient
Author of Beat Your A-Fib: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Cure